Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday, June 28, 2013 cally
For me, there are so far two Japanese restaurants in Vancouver that serve the freshest ingredients. One being Ajisai Sushi Bar and the other one is Shiro. Similar to Aijisai Sushi Bar, they are also very busy and they don't take reservations. So prepare to wait if you go at a popular time, as the place is relatively small. 

Shiro Japanese Restaurant
Shiro (Cambie and 17th Ave.)
You can sit at the sushi bar where you can watch the chefs prepare the dishes infront of your eyes.
Shiro sushi bar
Now, before I go on to the food, I'd like to mention that I really like their toasted rice green tea. It tastes different than the green tea from other Japanese restaurants and I'm going to say it's probably more authentic even though I'm not sure what that exactly means. I also like how their cups are customized to their restaurant. (Bonus points for that). Now on to a more exciting topic. I ordered the salmon don and I was not one bit disappointed. 
Salmon don
First, the salmon don is visually stunning. Just look at that rose. Look at the colour of the fish. Wow. It wasn't like the average fatty smooth salmon sashmi. The wasabi is homemade and goes great with the fish and the Japanese rice. If you get this for lunch, you also get a miso soup. Not too fond of miso soups and haven't had enough to tell if this one was any special.

Of course the salmon rose deserves a close-up. Beautiful. There's actually alot of pieces of salmon so I was very satisfied. This was around $12 and is great for salmon sashimi lovers or those who only eat raw salmon (like myself).
Salmon sashimi rose
My friend got the chirashi don. Again, visually stunning. I think I've been paying more attention to food presentation (thanks to MasterChef). My friend absolutely loved it because everything was so fresh.
Chirashi don


Shiro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment